Creating value by developing specialized, high quality, attached housing communities primarily in the "Front Range" area of Colorado.
- Founded Catamount in December of 1990
- Principal has over 30 years of continuous, uninterrupted experience in multi-family development, construction, marketing and management.
- Successfully completed over $250 million of attached housing development in Colorado in the past thirteen years.
- Principal has comprehensive development, construction and operational management experience with several of the most visible, high density multi-family developments in Colorado; Ballpark Lofts a 355 unit apartment community in downtown Denver and Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe a 194 unit condominium development completed at the base of the Winter Park resort. In total, these two projects comprise over $140 million in mid-rise type of development.
- Extensive experience in condominium development and construction in ski area environments.
- Responsibility for over-seeing a property management company with over 150 employees, comprising a portfolio in excess of 6,000 homes in metropolitan Denver.
- Financed over $250 million in multi-family assets over the past thirteen years.
- Identified the buyer then initiated and closed on a 1,120 unit, $89 million multi-family property during 2003, at the time the largest single property multi-family sale in the history of Colorado.
- Optimize the risk/reward relationship by developing sites with a residential rental product that is in high demand and constructed in manageable phases in accordance to reasonable absorption rates.
- Develop market rate, multi-family communities that are unique, innovative and differentiated from the competition.
- Develop sites that are at least 1+ acres resulting in at least 50 new homes and exceeding $9 million in total costs in order to gain a sufficient level of economies of scale for day-to-day operations.
- Identify and acquire the most desirable sites to ensure product differentiation and distinction in each submarket which will translate into top-of-the-market rents and above-average valuation.
- Responsive, non-corporate type of organizational culture focused on results and instantaneously responsive to market forces and changes.
- Principal will handle all phases of development from land acquisition, entitlements, debt and equity financing through construction management, marketing, quality control/punch detail and final project close-out.
- Principal has extensive institutional experience competing with both large national and small local competitors.
- Principal has a shared commitment to success in concert with investors, lenders & landowner partners.