Pura Vida Place - Student Apartments
A Catamount Properties, Ltd. Development
518 West Laurel Street
Fort Collins, Colorado
- Commencement: 2011
- Completion: 2012
- Type of Construction: wood frame
- Total Units: 52
- Total bedrooms: 100
- Total bathrooms: 100
- Site Size: 1 acre
- Density: 52 units per acre
- The development & construction were completed on time and on budget.
- The Pura Vida site is uniquely situated nearest to the center of the Colorado State University campus immediately across Laurel Street from the Rockwell School of Business.
- The development plan contemplates a single, 3 story (+ basement) building with controlled access and interior corridors served by an elevator.
- The architectural style blends into the neighborhood with pitched roof accents, cantilevered sections provide exterior articulation and a purposeful use of materials commonly utilized both on campus and in the surrounding area.
- A mix of studios, 1-1's , 2-2's, 3-3's are all fully leased for the 2012 school year.
- The homes are designed with an open floor to maximize the livability and utility for the residents. All (except 2) homes have a large, built-in dining/study counter.
- Two private, outdoor living courtyards are available to the residents and their guests with a bar-b-que grill and built in tables.
- Numerous, oversized windows will provide abundant natural lighting.
- The exterior construction materials such as stucco, cultured stone & cementitious siding were selected to minimize the maintenance costs associated with the Colorado environment.
- Updated insulation materials, Energy Star appliances, florescent light fixtures and low E glass windows are all standard to minimize energy usage.
- All homes are separately metered for water, gas, and electric with separate mechanical units in each home.
- Resilient & durable finishes include stained concrete in the corridors and vinyl plank flooring in the kitchen & living areas plus an upgraded marmoleum sheet goods product in the bathroom floor.
- Each home includes washer & dryer hookups, microwaves, and each bedroom door is separately keyed.
- Free Wi-Fi service will be provided throughout the community.
- Security cameras and electronically controlled entry doors will be installed at all 3 entries.
- Two common area study rooms will be available for the residents use complete with video presentation monitors.
- Community and Club rooms are also available with large screen tv's, built-in seating, foosball table, community library and vending machines.